September 27, 2016: This year, National Voter Registration Day is September 27, 2016 and hundreds of events are being planned across the nation. Get started registering your friends, family, teachers and others who are eligible to vote today!
Who Can Register to Vote?
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Californians who are 16 and 17-years-old can pre-register to vote online.
- Not currently imprisoned or on parole for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not currently found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law.
How to Get Registered:
- Check if you are registered to vote: www.sos.ca.gov/elections/registration-status
- Register online: registertovote.ca.gov
- Register in person at your county elections office by October 24: www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/county-elections-offices
- Register by mail: Mail a Vote-By-Mail Ballot Application to your county elections office, to be received no later than October 31. After October 31, you will need to apply in person at your county elections office.