Human Rights Educators USA (HRE USA) is a new network dedicated to promoting human rights education in the United States. Over the last year, the Human Rights Watch Student Task Force has been supporting the development of HRE USA, which is now open for general membership.
The brochure will give you information about the mission and work of HRE USA, which includes integrating HRE into formal and non- formal education, advocating for the inclusion of HRE in educational policies, providing HRE resources, and fostering education that promotes respect for every child.
We encourage you to join us as a member of HRE USA! Become part of the growing Human Rights Education movement in the USA. As a member you will be able to:
- Participate in Working Groups taking on projects in a variety of areas, such as school policies, academic standards, after-school programs, and research and evaluation.
- Gain access to an array of HRE materials in our Resource Center.
- Highlight your projects or resources on the HRE USA website.
- Find and network with HRE experts and advocates around the country.
- Vote on network leadership.
- Develop your own HRE initiative and involve others.
- Implement and promote an internationally recognized framework, proven to increase student achievement and improve student behavior, teacher satisfaction, and school climate.